Curtis’ unique combination of humor, personal stories, and interactive activities impacts an audience like no other. He started his entrepreneurial career at the age of twelve, marketing and self-managing himself as a mime and juggler. He was a nationally recognized mime performing at such notable places as Universal Studio-Hollywood where he won Entertainer of the Year, Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, and performing arts centers coast to coast. He then took to the seas, performing on numerous cruise ships traveling all over the world.
How would a mime and a juggler become an inspirational speaker? When Curtis settled back on land, his energy shifted to schools–to students and teachers. He became a highly sought-after consultant for arts in education, as well as an inspirational speaker for teachers and administrators. Curtis’ performances touched the heart, inspired staff, and empowered individuals to see the difference their lives can make to that of a child.
The word spread. Community and college leaders embraced Curtis’ message and began to bring him to their organizations to share his dynamic message. His unique approach and his delivery were unlike others they had seen before.
Audiences connect with Curtis through his interactive style and approachable manner. He incorporates the skills he gained from over twenty five years in the entertainment industry into his powerful programs, cleverly balancing the connection between education and entertainment.
Curtis is the author of the #1 nationally best-selling book Life at Performance Level, I Believe…What do you Believe?, Keys to Success in College and Life, and a contributing author to Pillars of Success and Lessons from the Road. He was honored with the prestigious National Leadership Award for outstanding service from United States Congressman Tom Reynolds, is a member of the National Speakers Association, and he has achieved the highest-earned international recognition for professional speakers that is reserved for the top ten percent of speakers worldwide, the Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) designation.
His deeply profound insight and perspective coupled with his high energy presentations have made him a highly sought out speaker for more than 20,000 Airmen for the United States Air Force and among such notable companies as Walt Disney Entertainment, Swiss Army Brands, Luxottica Retail and Procter and Gamble.
Curtis currently resides in the greater Cincinnati area with his wife and three children.
In Page Speaker Search
Living Life at Performance Level TM
This nationally-recognized keynote transforms organizations by inspiring individuals to live their life at a higher level of performance. Inspired by his 25 years in the entertainment industry, Living Life at Performance Level™ is a dynamic, experiential program which hands participants tools to ignite their ultimate potential.
Curtis provides an innovative learning experience by engaging his audiences with juggling, “Simon Says,” and fire eating, utilizing his performance expertise to demonstrate his key concepts and make his message memorable. This impactful program is designed for all audiences and is guaranteed to entertain and energize while inspiring participants to Live the Dream.
Using the simple yet profound metaphor of the stage as your life, Curtis’ Key Concepts include:
• Be The Director – Create a life of relevance and accountability.
• Write Your Script – Take risks, fail successfully, and unleash limitations by focusing on new scripts, not just re-reading old ones.
• Define Your Character – Make character-driven decisions.
• Cast Your Show Wisely – Choose positive influences and cut out those which bring you down. Be a star in others’ lives.
• Be A Star In Your Life – Be a leader, be responsible, be authentic, and be a catalyst for positive change.
Empowered individuals build cohesive, productive companies with forward momentum and Living Life at Performance Level™ will transform perspective to create lasting outcomes.
• transform their way of thinking
• be accountable
• increase awareness of themselves and others
• take responsibility for their actions
• make character-driven decisions
• be more productive
• be encouraged to take risks in their thoughts and actions
• communicate effectively and handle conflict creatively
• be empowered with new skills to lead teams of any generation
• develop a new attitude and outlook
• understand the value of collaboration and teamwork