Operating Executive, Business Growth & Change Expert, Best Selling Author
Mark C. Thompson is CEO and cofounder of Virgin Unite Mentors, Sir Richard Branson’s network for executive coaching and entrepreneurial innovation. A leadership coach, bestselling author, venture capitalist and Tony-nominated Broadway producer, Mark brings real-time solutions to today’s leadership challenges.
• He is Charles Schwab’s former Chief of Staff, Chief Customer Experience Officer, Chief Communications Officer and cofounder of the Schwab Foundation. He also served as Executive Producer of Schwab.com, with assets of $1.4 trillion. Forbes Magazine called
Mark one of America’s top investors with the “Midas” touch.
• Mark served on the Board of Directors of Best Buy, Korn Ferry International, and Interwoven (now owned by HP). He was Chairman of Rioport, which popularized the MP3 player prior to iTunes, and was Chairman of Integration, which was acquired by Silicon Labs. He is a Founding Patron of Richard Branson’s Entrepreneurship Centre, and is Program Chairman for the Board of Governors of the Hesselbein Leadership Institute and the John F.
Kennedy Institute for Entrepreneurial Leadership.
• He is a founding advisor of the Stanford Realtime Venture Design Lab, and is a visiting scholar at his alma mater, Stanford University. He has served as faculty at the World Economic Forum and World Business Forum. He is a member of the Clinton Initiative and an
Executive Coach for TED.
• Mark is an investor in entertainment software and health care companies. He was a founding Board member of Smule, which is Google and Apple’s top music applications company for the hit TV series Glee, with over 20 million monthly active users. He is an
investor in Cancer Genetics and CNS Response.
• Among his passions is Broadway. As a producer, Mark’s plays have earned five Tony awards and ten nominations, including Peter and the StarCatcher with Disney, and StickFly with Alicia Keys. He is a partner in the Broadway Times Square Theatre, which will be
converted into a 4-dimensional Broadway attraction. He lives in the San Francisco Bay Area and Manhattan with two extraordinary women, his wife Bonita and daughter Vanessa.
Make Change Happen – Success Built to Last
How do you convince your team not only to embrace change, but actually lead the transformation now – with urgency? In this exciting keynote and seminar, Mark shares insights and video from world-class companies that at first struggled with change and then reinvented their business.
- What 3 factors galvanize change in every person?
- How do world-class teams generate unstoppable growth?
- What 5 Customer Service strategies are Built to Last?
- How do you grow leaders from Good to Great –Level 1 to 5– what are the steps necessary for developing teams?
Build a Great Business – Boost Sales & Profit Growth
In this high-impact keynote, Mark reveals the 3 critical drivers of influence for every great business and high performance leaders.
- 5 Mistakes That Cut Sales in Half.
- Helping clients understand the cost of ignoring your offer.
- What Does Your Market Crave? Five Tools To Double Sales: Positioning–Pain–Promise–Proof–Planning.
Most Admired Company – Boost Employee Engagement
How can your team become the “Most Admired” in your industry? Mark shares his new study (with Stanford and Northwestern researchers) revealing what Highly Engaged Employees admire and value in companies, teams and leaders.
- What 8 Leadership Traits engage top performers most?
- What 21 tools will double the value you provide customers?
- How can you become the MVP of your team?