Inspiring Innovation and Behavior Change
As the founder and CEO of ChangeLabs(tm), Peter Sheahan is known internationally for inspiring innovative business thinking and creating lasting behavior change. He has established himself as a highly successful entrepreneur with his international thought leadership practice and as the CEO of ChangeLabs(tm), a global consultancy building and delivering large-scale behavioral change projects for clients such as Apple and IBM. Peter has worked with some of the world’s leading brands, including Google, News Corporation, Harley Davidson and GlaxoSmithKline.
In July 2012, Sheahan was inducted into the National Speakers Association Hall of Fame, receiving the Council of Peers Award for Excellence (CPAE) lifetime achievement award for speaking excellence.
Peter has delivered more than 2000 presentations to over 300,000 people in 15 different countries. In 2006, Peter was voted the National Speakers Association’s Keynote Speaker of the Year and has since been named one of the 25 Hottest New Speakers in America, and one of the 25 Most Influential Speakers in the industry.
He is the author of six books, including international bestsellers Fl!p and Generation Y. As a global thought leader, Peter’s insights into business trends and the changing needs of customers and staff have made him a regular presenter on Fox Business, with appearances on ABC and BBC as well. In 2008 Peter was a featured expert in a five-part global series on Innovation on CNBC, and he has been written up in the Washington Post and Fast Company magazine. His newest book Making It Happen unpacks his insights on the execution of ideas through focused business growth, understanding buying behavior and compelling market positioning.
– Entrepreneur and CEO in the trenches, with operations in 9 cities and 3 countries
– Internationally recognized thought leader
– Author of 6 books, including international bestsellers FL!P and Generation Y
– Named one of the 25 Most Influential Speakers by National Speakers Association
– Recipient of the Council of Peers Award for Excellence (CPAE) Speaker Hall of Fame(r) lifetime award for speaking excellence.
– 2,000 presentations to over 300,000 people in 15 different countries
ChangeLabs(tm) partners with leading brands to create innovative change programs that transform communities, build brand equity and create sustainable competitive advantage. Through partnerships with leading companies such as Apple and IBM, ChangeLabs(tm) has created and executed on some of the largest change initiatives on earth. These include; the multi-award winning StartSmart program which has taught invaluable financial literacy skills to over a million young people since its inception; the groundbreaking BeyondChalk program which has transformed the way more than 50,000 teachers use technology in the classroom, helping to create thousands of 21st century learning environments; and The Productivity Project which has unleashed the power of collaborative technology to create new market value in hundreds of the world leading companies.
All ChangeLabs(tm) projects benefit both the brands that support them and the communities which those brands serve. In short, ChangeLabs(tm) changes the world in partnership with visionary brands, in a way that drives better business results.
In Page Speaker Search
Moving the Market: Accelerate your impact by influencing how and why buyers make decisions
Is your sales process sophisticated enough for today’s buyer? Are you capitalizing on the science behind the way people think, act and buy?
- Position your offer in line with the four basic drives underpinning all human behavior
- Learn how the world’s most profitable companies avoid competing on price, and how you can too
- Activate the most powerful buying triggers consistently ignored by current sales and marketing techniques
- Leverage the power of social identity theory to differentiate you and your offer
- Market your value in all 3 currencies in which exchanges are made
Talent [R]evolution: Future-focused strategies for leveraging human capital
Are your leaders getting the most from their people? Are you solving problems with the best brains in your business?
- Understand the changing expectations of talent and transform your organization into a magnet for smart and engaged people
- Explore the changing nature of leadership and employ new models for developing capability in your organization
- Get inspired by case-studies of what real companies are doing to leverage their human capital
- Drive collaboration inside and outside your 4 walls and harness the discretionary efforts of people on and off your payroll
- Get in front of changing demographics and generational trends, separate myth from reality, and learn what real companies are doing to win the war for talent
Making It Happen: Unleashing the entrepreneurial spirit & turning your good ideas into great results
There is no shortage of ideas in the world. There is a shortage of people with the ability to transform those ideas into reality.
Combining the need for imagination and action, ‘Making it Happen’ will go deep into the secrets of positioning ideas, products and services in a way that makes people not only pay attention, but to part with their time, money and energy.
There is no point having a new idea, developing your new strategy or embarking on a journey of transformation if your people can’t make it happen in the real world.
‘Making it Happen’ will:
- Step you through the 5 phases required to transform an aspiration into a good idea, and then a good idea into a great result
- Reveal the secret to getting a customer buy into your idea by unpacking the 4 human drives
- Show you how to accelerate your progress and get massive results faster than you ever thought possible
Making Money in the Cracks: Counter-Intuitive Strategies for Finding & Exploiting Market Opportunity
Are you looking to unleash innovation in your company? Do you want to know how to find the opportunity in the “white space”?
- Inspire leaders to take the risks necessary to make money in the white space
- Find creative solutions to business problems by facilitating interdisciplinary thought
- Build structures that not only generate, but shine light on the best ideas in your business
- Tap into the world’s best and brightest minds – risk free – for the betterment of your organization
- Break the cultural norms that squash the innovative new ideas you need to thrive
FL!P: Creative Strategies for Turning Challenge into Opportunity & Change into Competitive Advantage
Are you looking to give your leaders a more cutting-edge perspective on the world? Are you looking to exploit the opportunity that change brings?
- Embrace change and break free from thinking that made you successful in the past, but could undermine your success in the future
- Re-think competitive advantage; leverage intangibles to manufacture tangible points of difference in the market
- Improve your margins by driving non-sexy innovation, and finding new and better ways to do what you do
- Turn chaos into opportunity by leading the market in response to new regulation, customer expectations and technology
- Be inspired to take the intelligent risks required to innovate and drive change
Peter wowed our audience and received glowing feedback in our post-event surveys. He went above and beyond and connected with the group in way that’s going to be hard for anyone to follow. As one attendee put it, ‘Are there no other ratings ABOVE excellent?? This was the best and most riveting speaker we have seen in awhile. He is a genius and can relate to our business, as well as any other. I give him a rating of 15 on a scale of 1-10!
– -, Prudential Real Estate & Relocation Services
Peter has worked with some of our most senior leaders, almost all of our North American distribution partners and some of our most edgy businesses such as Webex too. Peter understands not only the forces of change in the modern business landscape, but the mindset the leader needs to adapt to future proof themselves against that change. His sessions are content rich, extremely thought provoking and inspiring all at the same time. Peter can be relied upon to deliver genuine insight that moves his audience to action. These are exciting, and of course challenging times. Peter is just the right kind of thinker to help organizations profit from the opportunities which inevitably arise in such a turbulent economic environment.
– Communications & Development Director, Cisco Systems, Inc
He’s dynamic, engaging and fun. He interacts superbly with all ages and styles of managers and enables them to confront their own biases and blind spots. An extremely effective speaker, who I strongly recommend.
– GM Environment & Capability, Westpac Banking Corporation
Peter Sheahan’s presentation is packed full of energy, enthusiasm and insight. He combines deep practical knowledge with unending passion for both his subject matter and his audience. In my 10 years of speaking with executive-level audiences, I find Peter to be unsurpassed in his ability to engage senior executives. And his topic is one no organization can afford to ignore
– Managing Director, Corporate Executive Board
Having first seen Peter present in Mexico, where he ‘wowed’ an audience of very influential business leaders from around the U.S., I was compelled to invite Peter to New Orleans to share his perspectives on how the city can retain the awesome young talent that had migrated to the city in recent years. In only a few days, Peter was able to share his expertise with a series of local leaders, leaving them to think more creatively about the projects they were working on. Peter is an exceptional talent and is a person of impeccable personal integrity
– President & CEO, New Orleans Convention and Visitors Bureau
First off, thank YOU. Our group LOVED YOU! You are awesome-personally, a delight and a gentleman, and professionally, the real deal. Your content, delivery, and engaging manner was just what the doctor ordered for day two of Summit. Thank you so much!
– -, The Nielsen Company
Thank you so much for suggesting Peter. His presentation was exactly what we wanted. We were especially impressed at his homework and his knowledge of our industry; he could have been one of us.
– -, International Housewares Association
- VIDEO Full Length Presentation
- TESTIMONIAL Peter Sheahan Assorted Testimonials
- PHOTO PeterSheahan_headshot001
- PHOTO PeterSheahan_headshot002
- PHOTO PeterSheahan_headshot003
- JACKET Generation Y Book Cover
- JACKET Making It Happen: Turning Good Ideas Into Great Results
- JACKET FL!P: How to Turn Everything You Know on Its Head – and Succeed
- DOC Peter Sheahan One Sheet
- DOC Generation Y Article – Asia
- DOC Flip Description and Speaker Introduction
- DOC Employer Branding Topic Description and Speaker Introduction
- DOC Generation Y Topic Description and Speaker Introduction
- DOC Peter Sheahan AV Requirements
- DOC Peter Sheahan Biography
- AUDIO Generation Y Audio : Part 1
- AUDIO Generation Y Audio : Part 2