Vincent Amanor-Boadu (affectionately called Dr. Vincent) is an Agribusiness Professor in the Department of Agricultural Economics, Kansas State University. Vincent obtained his PhD from the University of Guelph in Ontario, Canada and was the Director of Research at the George Morris Centre, Canada’s independent agri-food think-tank for nearly a decade. Vincent partnered with some colleagues to form a strategic consulting firm, AgriFood Innovations, focusing on agriculture, food and biotechnology industries and became its Managing Director until he sold his interest and joined K-State in 2002.
Vincent has a broad perspective about agriculture and agri-food and is passionate about the sector’s future and opportunities. His research focuses on strategies for enhancing the sector’s competitiveness through efficient appreciation of opportunities and recombination of resources.
Vincent’s is a recognized speaker in Canada, the US and Europe and is characterized by his humor and ability to bring clarity to very complex issues.
- Thieves Only Steal from Strangers: The Economics of the Recent Financial Crisis and its Effects on Local Businesses and Communities
- The Great Recession and Why Regulations Will Not Prevent the Next Depression
- Preparing for the Future Food Consumer: Strategies for Innovative Companies
- Agriculture in Transition: Positioning for the Next Big Thing
- Strategic Alliances for Enhanced Competitiveness
- Keeping Competition at Bay Through Efficient Supply Chains
- What I Really Want Is To Be A Monopolist: Changing the Game to Maintain Leadership
- Intergenerational Opportunities: Entrepreneurial Strategies for the Family Business
- Building Competitive Agricultural Businesses in the 21st Century
- Alta Genetics
- American Livestock Breed Conservancy
- Atchison County Economic Development
- Guelph Partners of Innovation
- Health Canada
- Iowa Bankers Assn.
- Kansas Trust Bankers Association
- National Agri-Marketing Association
- Nebraska Bankers Association
- Pratt Chamber of Commerce
- Skagit Farmers Supply
- University of Nebraska Extension Agri Women Conference
“Dr. Vincent is sheer common sense and a delight to listen to. . . and we need more common sense in these difficult times of talking heads and confusion.” Kansas Cattle Rancher
“Your ability to present information with energy and humor certainly held our group of bankers,” Director of Professional Development and Education, Nebraska Bankers Association
“Very interesting, informative and humorous presentation. It was well delivered. But most of all, I appreciated his common sense,” Kansas Bankers Association, Trust Division
“Dr. Vincent is the only economist I know who can make you feel like you could have paid more attention to your economics professor if only he had the passion he brings to his speeches.” Risk and Profit Conference attendee, Salina, KS